Oct 5, 2013

Which is the correct way of writing it? "Manila City" or "City of Manila"

I was doing my research when suddenly my meticulousness got triggered by the problem about using the right phrase between "Manila City" or the "City of Manila". This kind of issue is very serious in my part since I am doing a Web API Project for Philippine Places. So, I instantly did a little quality research. I went to the official website of National Statistics and Coordination Board to dig for an answer. After some few navigations, I landed to the Philippine Standard Geographic Code's List of Cities and it says there "City of Manila". So without further a do, I'll start my tally.
1 point for City of Manila
0 points for Manila City
Then I went to the official website of the House of Representatives to look for further answers and I landed to the complete list of House Members. In the page, they just used the string "Manila".
1 point for City of Manila
0 points for Manila City
1 point for Manila
Then my next target for information seeking was the Department of the Interior and Local Government. I looked for the official list of cities that the Philippines have and found there an entry of "City of Manila".
2 points for City of Manila
0 points for Manila City
1 point for Manila
I'm still not convinced with the results so I googled for the document/bill/law about Manila and I landed to the Presidential Decree No. 824 by the late President of the Philippines, Ferdinand E. Marcos. I found out in the bottom-most part, the last sentence stated "City of Manila".
3 points for City of Manila
0 points for Manila City
1 point for Manila
I think that would answer the problem I'm trying to figure out. City of Manila it is.